Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Once there was a Snowman with random questions for dessert

Morgan had her friend Mallory over one afternoon to play. They both wanted to go outside and play in the snow. When they came in, they were so proud of their creation. They did this all on their own. Morgan was the proud one who lifted the head onto the top. Yeah Bug! Now I think it's MAYBE the cutest snowman in the world. I would never make an assumption like that if I wasn't 100% sure of myself. I mean look at that face. Who in this world could ever create an expression such as that on a snowman!?? Who I ask? Look at the delicate way the arms just extend from the torso, It's very balletesque (I'm also pretty sure balletesque is a word.)!

ANYway,

Now here is a random question. Why does Grace look like this before church.....(pardon the BOMB that blew up in my front room whilst taking this picture. This is just what Sunday morning looks like in the Bailey home. I personally like the fact that Crede is in the background trying to climb up onto the piano bench. There's no mischief going on there...noooooo.)


and like THIS after church


wait for it


wait for it...



BAM! We're only talking 3 hours folks. I don't quite understand the time and effort Grace puts into this metamorphasis. She's already gotten rid of the dress (who knows where that ended up), the pigtails are only a distant fond memory **sigh** and she's sitting at the kitchen counter waiting for her lunch. Somedays I'm not sure why I even put forth the effort. What do you think people would say about us if we just showed up at church like this? I'm all for it if you are!

Here's one more random question I will leave you with this evening. Why is it my kids wake up when there is just a HINT of sunlight coming up over the horizon?! EVERY morning regardless of when my kids go to sleep I hear "GRACE!!! GET IN HERE!!!" (courtesy of Morgan) and then that is always followed by "AAHEORIGHSDGHSLHGSLGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" (courtesy of a frustrated Grace). This is around...oh...6:30am. If you know me at all, I am SUCH not a morning person, and I am secretly cursing under my breath in my own bed. After said cursing, I progress into yelling, "GET IN BED!" Yeah, that works wonders, let me tell ya'. After that tactic, I resort into stomping into their room, vision blurred, bumping into walls and doors on my way, and saying, "If I hear a peep out of either one of you....." I never seem to quite finish that sentence as I'm stumbling back into MY bed and closing MY door to try to drown out the next cycle of, "GRACE!!! GET IN HERE!!!". Oh, and around THIS time I hear Crede in the next room just chatting away, happy to be alive, reading his books that he has strategically stashed in his crib. This usually lasts until about 7:30 when I relent and get up.

Now is this just my happy home? Am I such a lazy slob that I can't drag myself out of bed before 7:30am? Come on people!! Let me hear your mornings. (so I can feel much better about mine.)

4 comments:

jennywren

Halleluiah, someone else who has mornings EXACTLY like mine!! Just this morning...at 7:02am, I hear them yelling and laughing downstairs. As I stomp down the stairs and yell under my breath (come on, you totally know you can do it, it's an amazing mom talent of which I'm highly appreciative of) "SHUSH!! If either of you wake up Megan before 8am I'm going to make you clean the house with a toothbrush and then go to bed at six!" Then I march back upstairs, tripping cuz I can't see straight, plop back in bed, and after about 30 seconds...it starts again. sigh.
I'm so with you in your pain. This is why my children go to bed at 7-7:30pm. Because regardless of what time they go to bed, they are WIDE awake by 7am. It just ain't right! Especially for a night owl like me. Sniff.

staci

You are too funny! I am loving reading your blog!! :) Your kids are DARLING and I love that 2nd picture of Grace with her hair going every which way. She's a complete doll! I love the snowman too. So cute Morgan & her friend built that on ther own! And about the morning thing, I'm totally with you on not being a morning person, but neither of my kids are either. (yay!) They both usually sleep until 8:00 or 8:30. I keep waiting for the day that Tyler is up before the crack of dawn. Maybe once he starts school.... I say just ignore the kids - they'll be ok until you feel like getting up right? ;)

THE PACK FAMILY

I have some Saturday mornings where my kids are totally fending for 2 hours watching TV with Isaiah getting them breakfast because for some reason by the time Saturday comes I just can't get out of bed. At least I only need 1 sleep in day to rejuvenate me through the whole next week! Don't feel bad about not being able to get out of bed...

Mills Family

I love your post, Emily! It is so good to hear other people's "mom" stories. Jeff, Kaitlyn, and Krista are "supposed" to be up by 6:30. Jeff gets up and gets in the shower. I can hear the girls alarm go off and off and off. Then, finally at about 7, I crawl out of bed and crawl over to the heat vent. (I can see their room through our heat vent, not a very good set up, but that is another story.) And, I yell through the heat vent, "Get out of bed, Julie will be here in a half hour." Then, I crawl back into bed for 15 more minutes until I have to wake up Kara. Sometimes, on really good days, I crawl back over to the heat vent and yell, "Go wake up Kara". Then, I crawl back in bed until 7:30. The girls have piano lessons on Saturday mornings and I have church meetings 3 Sunday mornings a month. So, on the 4th Sunday, I am a witch if anyone wakes me up before 9 a.m.

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP