Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When did ignorance become such a BAD thing?!

When I was about 7 years old, I thought the idea of a lemonade stand was GENIUS. How else could I make a fortune?!! I thought a lot about it, and approached my mom with the big question. Do you know what her response was?

"You can't sell lemonade because you have to have a sales license."
"How can I get a Sales License?" I ask.
"I really don't' know!" She replied.

Well I grew up thinking I would never be able to make my brilliant business plan, of owning my own lemonade stand, come to be.

Fast forward...oh 23 years. (yes I am now 30 *yikes!*) Morgan and I were sitting in the kitchen and she decides that she wants to color. My mom gave us a bunch of OLD template pictures from the 1950's because she finally cleaned out her filing cabinet. WELL. Morgan wanted to color them. One of those said pictures had some "cut-outs" where you could make your own little paper doll. Morgan looks at me and asks,

"Mom what does this tell you to do?"
I look at her and say, "You're going to have to ask Grandma. I'm not sure HOW that works."

So at what point did I become my MOM?! Sometimes I think it's just easier to say, "I don't know." rather than spend 20-30 minutes explaining why and how and who and what to my kids. I am really crossing my fingers that I am not the only one that has this issue at times.

And while I'm confessing, I might as well warn everyone about a phenomenon that attacks me sometimes. I'll be sitting in the kitchen with my 3 kids (or on the couch, or ANYWHERE.) when all of a sudden, KABLAM! there's this incredible force pulling me into the privacy of my bathroom or my bedroom (whichever is empty at the time), locking the door, and sitting in the blessed silence until my kids figure out which room I'm in. Then all I hear is, "MOM! MOMMMMMMMMMMMM" with the little fingers sticking under the door. I can't explain these phenomena, but they are pretty much unbearable. There's no ignoring them.

Well I'm off to play referee with Grace and Crede. He's head-butting her at the moment. I love these memorable moments.

1 comments:

B-Blogit

LOL I see little fingers under the door too! So you arent alone! You are probably right it is easier, that is when I would say what you said, pick up the phone and dial grandma to let her do the explanation! LOL

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP