Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jabberwalky

Grace.

Grace has decided in the last few days to REALLY talk. She has been cracking us up. For example....the other day Chance needed to get in the shower. Our 2nd bathroom has been out of commission because we're painting it, so we've been down to one. He was in the shower and Grace needed to go potty. So she went into the bathroom, pulled down her pants, and saw the "toy bin" that has all our bath toys in it on the floor. She, in her 2 year old mind, thought "hmm!" So she picked it up, with her pants still around her ankles, and said, "Dad, do you want toys?" She kept saying it over and over. Chance didn't really know what she was saying until he peeked out of the shower curtain and saw Grace standing with her pants around her ankles holding the toy bin for him. Cute.

Monday my mom was over at my house playing with my kids while I ran errands. Grace took it upon herself to pick up the toys in the front room. Now this is unprecedented. So my Mom starts saying "Grace, you are SUCH a good girl. I can't believe you cleaned up the WHOLE front room!" That night, I get a phone call from my Mom telling be about this little phenomena and said to make sure that I praise Grace and tell her what a good girl she is. I called Grace upstairs and said, "Grace...Grandma told me that you cleaned up all the toys by yourself! You're such a good girl!" She got a little smirk on her face and you could just tell she was proud. Okay so YESTERDAY my Mom came over again for a little bit and said to Grace, "Grace, I am so proud of you for cleaning up those toys yesterday!" Grace looked at her and said, "My mom likes me...and My Dad likes me." Let's say it together......awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

We went Monday night to sign our paperwork for our loan refinancing on our house (which we got such an awesome deal!!! But I'll leave that for another post. Seriously though, it kicked butt.) and we were getting the kids all ready to leave. We told Grace to go potty and she was SO worried that we would leave without her. She kept saying, "Dad! Wait on me, I'm pulling up pants." Okay this is such a huge sentence we just gawked.

Okay so this is my last story, and it's not a huge talking story, but it was really funny. On Saturday afternoon, we took all 3 kids to the matinee at the Kaysville Theatre to see "Madagascar 2". Afterwards I suggested pizza, but Chance insisted in something different. His idea was Chinese. Oh yay. We went to the "Hello China" by our house and picked up LOTS of food. Holy cow. We get home, crack open the boxes and dish it out to the kids. Morgan was crying and saying "I wanted pizza!" So needless to say, she didn't eat any. Crede just threw it all over the kitchen, and Grace - well Grace tried her very hardest to eat it. Chance turned to her and said, "Grace do you like it?" She looked at him and said, "Um hmm" and then in the same breath completely dry-heaved. It was the saddest thing ever. Chance felt bad and grabbed her fortune cookie so she could eat it and then let her spit it out. She just wanted to please her Daddy. Sweet girl.

So the lesson from this little post is this: Grace is FINALLY talking!!!! We're still trying to get understandable words to come out of her mouth, but yes, she is improving. We love you Grace. You are the sweetest and most tender spirit in our home.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP