Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's that expression?

I can't think of the right expression at the moment, but you know when you say something and it comes back to bite you in the behind? Well I've been bitten. About 6 months ago I decided to boycott our music program in our Ward. I decided it wasn't worth the effort, and besides, I never got enough notice to perform and why should I continue to volunteer?!? And to top THAT off, I got one of those chain email things that ask a bunch of survey questions and you answer them with your own original answers and forward them to all your friends, and then they do the same. You know the kind....

One of the questions said, "your biggest stress" or SOMETHING like that. I opened this email around Christmas time and MY reply was, "TOO MANY musical numbers in church! We don't need 50 musical numbers each week. It's way too much work!" Well.

A couple weeks later I was called to be our "music chairperson" in our Ward. In addition to that, we had to have a Christmas program put together and ready in 3 weeks. What??! Okay so I pulled that off (barely) and survived. So this next month I was feeling pretty relaxed about my whole calling. I had a few musical numbers lined up, but then the last week in January I was told that I needed a choir number for February 15th (4 weeks away.) I thought, "okay". I held choir practice that day. Guess what? 2 people came. We chatted a bit...and went home. The next week comes...3 people come. Huh. So we chatted a bit...and went home. The NEXT week (superbowl Sunday I have to admit) came and guess what? 4 people came. WAHOO. So I sent a desperate email to our ward yesterday (feeling a bit sheepish I have to add) to ask for choir support (eating my words here...) and today we had about 20 women come and 5 men. Yay! I was elated. We sang our little hearts out, and we're now ready to sing the simple hymn in church next week. Whew.

What have I learned? I'm NOW going to be a bit better with my attitude....and hopefully I will not have to eat any more of my words. (eating crow?).

1 comments:

jennywren

You crack me up. Glad to hear that you have a choir for your musical number on Sunday, wish I could be there to see it. I love reading your blog--I feel like I'm listening to you talk! :)

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP