Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ambulance Chasers.....literally.


 So Chance and I officially became ambulance chasers.  We were just settling down for that long winters nap, when we heard some sirens...they were a little loud, but not too noticeable.  The thing that WAS noticeable was the fire engine that drove by our window with it's lights flashing.  I looked at Chance, he looked at me, and I said, "Well, that's not good."  So we threw on a jacket, locked the front door and ran down the street after the ambulance.  Turns out, it stopped right in front of our good friends home.  

It was really scary to get down there and hope that everything was okay.......and turns out, it was.  They had a fire erupt down in their basement, but LUCKILY were able to put it out before it spread through their entire home.  I'm not downplaying it though ~ the firefighters kept telling them how lucky they were.  They usually don't see this type of outcome from that type of fire.

So there was a little singed hair (that John brushed off into my nostrils) and a few jokes about the fact that they needed to stop home-repairs ~ and everything was okay.


But of COURSE I had to run home to get my camera and take some shots.....a little morbid?  Maybe.  Here they are...




































 This purse was the only thing they could grab before running out of their home.  
Crazy!


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP