Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Garden

Considering this is our official first year of gardening, I'm pretty proud of our achievement. Chance dug out our grass this last Spring, poured the cement around it, and then hauled in some old farmer's dirt where they just built a new Winco. (I heart Winco.)

We then planted peas, radishes, corn, pumpkins, tomatoes and peppers. I am amazed at how well our garden is growing. See, our last attempt at a garden yielded 4 corn stalks about waist high and maybe 10 potatoes. Our weeds got completely out of control. It was a mess.

Anywho, I'm so excited for our harvest-to-come and the homemade salsa throughout the winter. Mmmmmmmm...........Salsa.

The Garden.

Nice! It's even taller that I am.
Can you hear the jungle music in the background? These, my friends, are my tomatoes. Ho-leigh Crud.

Some nice scenery to keep my veggies company...

My first pumpkin! We might just have to enter some pumpkin contests this fall. I see potential in this one. :)

Corn Silk!!

Aaand my peppers. Aren't they pretty? **sigh**

1 comments:

Erin

WOW. I haven't seen your blog in a while obviously and your garden is awesome! I miss the good dirt and constant sunshine of Utah, best gardening state ever.

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP