Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sunny Days!!!

Everyone else in my blog list had a HUGE exclamation as their title...I only thought it fair to add my own. I've been stuck on the Sesame Street theme song all day, just for the fact that it starts..."Sunny Day"...then from there I'm just not so sure. "Keepin' the Clouds Away....duh duh duhhhhh duh duh duh da da dAAAAA Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street!"

But I am moving on....

This week we've had some fun times at our house. (and out of our house.)
First of all, we went to the "Sportsmans Expo" in Salt Lake, and had a pretty okie doke time. Here's a pic:



That little thing that Morgan is holding is a 2 month old bear. It was the cutest thing EVER. They had a bunch there and would trade them out when one got tired. They would suck on your finger like a bottle. Cute cute. This was REALLY the highlight of the evening. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy chattin' it up with salespeople, but this was seriously neat. I even had my "hunters' orange" on for the evening. :)

Secondly, it was my birthday...now I'm not writing about this day to brag or anything, just wanting to show off my rockin' birthday hat.

Is this the most BEAUTIFUL hat you have ever seen? I knew it was. Morgan made this for me during the 2 days I was gone for my scrapbooking overnighter. It's totally made out of paper and tape. I was actually VERY impressed with the fact that it stayed on my head. Morgan is very ingenious with her imagination. Way to go Bug!


My day started out around 8am (Chance let me sleep in!) when Chance and the kids came into my room with Breakfast in Bed. There were eggs. There was toast. There was even a brownie and 2 snack cookies (I am not sure why the desserts, but at least my birthday candle stuck in the brownie pretty well.). Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and then left me in sweet quiet while I ate. After eating breakfast, we went to church for yet another fun-filled 3 hours (well really only 1 1/2 hours) of battling with kids who are NOT being reverent. Okay let me 'splain. Grace actually does really well during Sacrament Meeting now. We're really only battling with my little Crede. He's a bugger when we are trying to be quiet. (but that is a WHOLE 'nother post).

After church, Chance told me he was making dinner. I had all kinds of dinners imagined. Deer roast? Elk steaks? I did NOT know what to expect. Well he made....da da da daaaaaaaa.....Stouffers frozen lasagne with brocolli as a side dish. He really did think things through and went through a lot of effort to actually grocery shop for me. I just gotta say though, that lasagne was SICKENING. Chance kept saying, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was going to be good.". My Mom came over to eat dinner with us, and she was being the good sport of the day. She ate her whole dinner. **dry heave**
Before we sat down to eat, we snapped some pictures:

Morgan was mad at Chance in this picture...who knows why. She is becoming such our little drama queen. (I about said drag queen. Wow.) Anyway, my Mom is holding Crede, and Grace is just excited to be saying "cheeeeeese".

Here's Chance cookin' up our grub. I should start calling him Chef Ramsey. But he'd have to be English and cuss a lot. Perhaps I will call him Chef Chancez (You have to say it with a french accent.) That is lookin' GOOOOOOOOD. Oh, and so is the brocolli. ba da ba CHING


Here's my cute husband enduring my camera shoot. He really hates it when I take his picture. Cute little husband of mine. Thanks for making my birthday a lot of fun. I love you schmookims. (I really don't call him that) I really did have a good birthday thanks to this man.

Now for other items of business.

My Scrapbooking overnighter was a lot of fun, and I'm glad that it's over for another 6 months. It's surprising how much sleep I require nowadays. It's not so much that I'm pregnant, it's that I need a LOT of sleep! I only got about 5 hours, and i was DRAGGING the next day. Wowsers. Well, while I was gone, Chance did a really good job taking care of our kids. He drove Morgan to ballet on Saturday, he actually did Grace and Morgan's hair (Morgan always teases him because he can't do a ponytail holder. He does some boy-scout knot thing instead of pulling the hair through, twist, and repeat.) The only thing I am going to point out is the fact that he put Crede in his "emergency" pajama's that I only use if all his others are horribly dirty, and the laundry is horribly behind. These pajama's have been handed down for generations, (really only for about 10 years, so lets say decade.) and are VERY holey and old. Here's Crede eating his breakfast Saturday morning.


do ya notice his feet? Look a little closer.


closer...



closer...



okay here is a close-up.



poor Crede. You know how irritating it is to wear holey socks. I can't imagine having almost my entire foot sticking out of my pj's and NOT be bugged. I do believe these pajama's have now been officially retired. Sorry little boy!


And lastly,

Here's some pictures of Grace. She is now getting up in the morning and going STRAIGHT to her dress-ups. She layers and layers them until she looks like a little marshmallow. And you KNOW you can't go anywhere without sensable heels.


I particularly like the pink hat that's been put on either backwards or upside down...I'm not sure which. Does the name Christopher Columbus come to mind? Yankee Doodle? Napoleon Bonaparte? That's it. Napoleon Bonaparte. He was only about as tall as Grace is....so lets go with that. :)


How's that yogurt Grace?

Well I'm leaving with good potty news. The elmo underwear was a big success, and Grace is now OFFICALLY potty trained. I still have to give her either a cookie, or chocolate everytime she poops, but I think that's a SMALL sacrifice in my opinion.

Well goodbye, and Happy Potty.

1 comments:

Mills Family

What a cute picture of Grace eating yogurt! I love her dress ups! And congratulations on the potty training!

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP