Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! We started off our festivities this year with a little pumpkin carving. This year Chance stepped up his game by adding actual horns to his pumpkin. Usually his pumpkins just have a deer carved right into them. Morgan got to draw the face on hers and we carved it out for her. Here are their pumpkins. Cute cute. Grace and I carved the ol' standard Jack-O-Lantern face...nothin' too exciting there.


Here are the kids after carving their pumpkins. Cute little kids in their PJ's.

The day of Halloween I had planned a very exciting day. Our neighbor gave us this gingerbread house kit (which LOOKED so cute.). When we got it out of the box I noticed that you needed to be a professional cake decorator to do some of the details shown on the box. Come on people!! The dumb icing didn't hold up like it was supposed to, and I wasn't about to sit and wait 2 hours for it to harden up before moving onto the candy part. Anywho, as you can see below, my impatience and lack of professional training helped our house to look like this.

Here's a nice close up for you too. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......gooey.


After the gingerbread, I wanted to take my kids out to take their pictures in their costumes. Morgan and Grace did really well. They held still, and I got some really cute pics of them. Crede, on the other hand, didn't want ANY part of it. He ran around, giggled, and wouldn't look at me to save his life. Gage was asleep in the car and I didn't want to wake him, so we only have pictures of my 3 kids instead of all 4. Oh well....maybe next year, right?
Here's Morgan:


She was a "charm school" witch this year. Her hat was huge so we took some without it.


Here's Grace, our little ladybug. She was so stinkin' cute in her outfit.

Check out those eyes!

And finally, our stinker, Crede. He was a skunk. He wouldn't let me put his "hat" on, so this is whatcha got.



And lastly...all 3 kids with their bags ready for the fun to begin. Candy here we come!!

Well there you have it. Our Halloween. Gage, next year you will have a lot more fun, I promise. Love you kids!

3 comments:

Andrea

Your kids are absolutely adorable! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the costumes. I hear ya about the gingerbread houses. I seem to still buy them year after year knowing the frustration I am in for. I can NEVER get my walls to stay intact! So fun keeping in touch this way. Keep posting...I love it!

alananddanielle

GLAD TO HEAR THAT IT'S NOT JUST ME THAT CAN'T GET THOSE GINGERBREAD KITS TO EVER WORK. IT'S USUALLY A SAD MESS, BUT THE KIDS DON'T SEEM TO CARE.

CUTE PICS. OF THE KIDS.

Unknown

Emily, these are great pictures. You obviously love your new camera! And you have cute kids to shoot! (not literally of course--well maybe some days...)J.K. You do a great job with your blog. I scrolled down and saw the picture of Elizabeth and the kids. It's so adorable. If you still have it somewhere, could you e-mail it to me?

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP