Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

It's that day again.....Fathers Day.  In years past, I have totally bombed out on this day.  I've either completely frozen up, and done nothing, or I say or do something to hurt my cute husband's feelings.

I was determined to make 2012 the Fathers Day Chance wouldn't forget.  I did have a goal to wake up early and make breakfast, but seeing as I was running on 2 hours of sleep because of the Ragnar, I was POOPED.  We have 9am church, so I had to face the facts.  No breakfast.

I did, however, make a pretty wicked-awesome candy bar poster.....and our kids made him a pretty impressive tie to wear to church.  I totally forgot to take a photo of that though, and now the tie is nowhere to be found.  (tsk tsk).  Morgan also made a really cute book for Chance.  I took some photos of that, and Chance told me the book made him tear up a little.  He has a pretty large soft spot for his girls.

We got home from church, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon making this:
It was yummy.



who can resist a candy bar poster?!  
(Can you believe those life savers up top were almost $4.00?  When I got home I freaked out a little....)


This was the back of the book that Morgan made for Chance.  It says, "I thought the book was really fun espessilly the "amazing Dad" part!  So I hope you like it dad I love you!  Love, Morgan"


These are the different pages in the book.  That middle one says:  My Dad's Favorites..."Food:  Dear meat, elk meat,  Color:  Green,  Movie:  The Count of Monte Cristo,  Sport:  Basketball,  Team:  Utah Jazz,  Band/Singer:  Michael Jackson (I raised my eyebrows on this one.  Chance just shrugged and said, "I couldn't think of anything.",  Song:  I love to see the Temple,  Hobby:  Hunting and playing with us."

The very bottom says:  Favorite sayings:  "Oh, Ballony!" and "No!"



And even though I was so completely exhausted, I really tried to let Chance rest.  He was so tired from running.  I think he was even able to sleep 3 or 4 hours.


I love you Chance, and I hope you had a very Happy Fathers Day.  You are an incredible husband and Dad.  Thank you for being you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP