Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Friday, July 22, 2011

Hospital trip #5 ~ before and after


 It's crazy to think that I've been in this same situation 5 times now.  I was so excited to have our little girl.  It's funny because we haven't found out what we were having (gender-wise) with any of our kids.  During my ultrasound, when I was about 20 weeks, the ultrasound tech accidentally said, "Well, it looks like it's a girl."  Chance and I were in shock because we totally didn't want to know!  Well turns out, it's really FUN to know.  I shopped, I bought, and I got excited.  Our baby was no longer an "it".  It was a little girl.  Chance and I decided to keep this knowledge a secret though.  We didn't tell anyone what we were having...we still liked the surprise idea. :)

After being SOOOOOO done, and postponed for about a week, we arrived at the hospital on July 22, 2011.  We got there early, I was a little late in getting started, but then we waited.  Our little Lilah was born  later that afternoon.  

We were thrilled, and still are.  She is such a cute little girl, and we experienced the miracle that we've experienced with all of our other children.  We haven't been able to picture our family without her.  She fits right in, and we don't know what we ever did without her.

Enjoy the photo's!



Chance waiting at the hospital.  Do you like the white board he took hostage?  Our poor nurses.  Oh, and that pigeon?  Chance took over my camera, and naturally, he was drawn to any kind of wildlife he could find.  This was the view out our window.  Purdy.  Also, that paper on Chance's lap?  They're maps of Utah.  He wanted to "scope out" places to hunt.  Nice.

 


My comfy bed...


K so I loath this photo.  L-OATH.  The only reason it's in here is because this is how dang huge I was, and I suppose it's for posterity's sake.  Just look away quickly.  Thank you.


 Meeting Lilah for the first time.  Chance took these....and I think he did a pretty good job!
 

 Hello!!


 I took the rest of these the next day ~ because of our cruddy insurance, I was only able to stay a full day at the hospital.  I seriously mourned this fact because I LOOOOOVE the hospital.  Where else can you get someone to cook, and clean after you with no other distractions?!

As one more side note.....check out Lilah's dark hair!!  She has the most hair, by FAR, than our other kids.  Plus, it's DARK.  I think that her name was totally inspired, because Lilah means "dark-haired beauty".  Pretty cool, right?!














 The cute nurses made that crib card for Lilah.  I thought it was very nice....and cute. :)


Look at that wrinkly face.  I love newborns.






 We love you Lilah!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP