Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hospitals are so much FUN!


Here are some photo's of my little kiddo's at the hospital last night. I don't know what I was thinking, but somehow in my head the visit went a whole lot "smoother" than it did in real life.

Here is how it went in my head:

me: "Kids! I am so happy to see you! Come in and sit right here. That's right....sit right there. Good! Now here's your new brother!"

At this time, I'd let each child hold him verrrrry carefully. I would listen to how much they all missed me, and we would all talk in soothing, calming voices. My kids would then all say:

Kids: "Mom, we Loooooove him!"

During this time Gage is calm as can be, I am skinny as can be, and we're all a happy, smiling family.

Hmmm.....so this is how it REALLY went. My kids RUN into the room, forgetting to put on the hand sanitizer (which they had to walk back out and put on immediately), they handed me some treats in a Smiths bag, a balloon and then proceeded to hunt around the room for their new little brother. Grace was climbing up the side of the bassinet, Crede was running around the room laughing, and Morgan was knocking on the clear plastic of the bassinet like Gage was a little fish.

My kids were bouncing off the walls, touching all the fun buttons, and I think they called the nurse in about 4 different times. There were shoes thrown everywhere on the floor, Grace wanted to go "potty" constantly because it was so cool looking, and Morgan kept "suggesting" baby names for us. She apparently really likes the names Marcos, Carlos, I think she even suggested Willie.

I am pretty sure that my neighbors in the rooms next door were thinking, "holy cow what is all that racket?!"

So by the time my family left, I was left pondering what the heck I am doing?!!!!! Am I really going to be able to handle these little people all at once? I hope that by the time I get home I will be able to handle my kids a little better than I did yesterday. **sigh**

On the plus side, Our baby now officially has a name. He is now named Gage Chance Bailey. Yay for having a name!! He was born July 28, 2009 and weighed in at 7lbs even. He was 20 1/2 inches long, and he's just the cutest newborn out there, frankly. :)


Here's Morgan holding Gage. She is the ONLY one that got to hold him, by the way.


Grace just wanted to jump on the couch thing. I can't get over how much she's aged in this picture. She looks like a 6 year old. Pretty little girl.

Aaaand here's Crede caught in a moment as he was running around laughing. Little Stink.



This is my verrry cute husband. I really think that he is so dang handsome. Woot Woo! Love you Chance!



Alrighty then. We'll catch up with you again soon. Enjoy your day, and keep us in your thoughts...hopefully then we'll be okay inside our house of craziness.

1 comments:

Andrea

I know I just commented last night but I had to check again to see if there was any new news on your beautiful baby boy...and there WAS!!! GAGE...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that name! What a cute little family you have. And don't worry, it will go a lot smoother at home. I remember thinking that same thing when I had Jack. The older two were acting like wild animals at the hospital. At one point they were even pushing a random wheelchair down the hall! Yikes! Good luck on the recovery:) Congrats again....he's absolutely gorgeous!

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP