Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cotton-tail...

Oh my word...I really do love Easter. It's spring, the tulips in our yard are coming up, it's FINALLY getting warm outside, and yes, there is a LOT of candy to be had (by me). I went through about 3 bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs, and about 6 boxes of girl scout cookies this spring so far. **eh hem** I know, I know....I have a small sweet tooth lately. I tend to rationalize the fact that I'm pregnant, and I haven't gained THAT much so far..... let's move on, shall we??

Here are our kids Saturday morning before all the Easter Egg hunts began. We woke them up extra early to get them all ready, and Chance hid Easter eggs out in our front yard for a "practice run". This is to guarantee that our kids will optimize their candy/egg intake during the crazy Easter Hunt. I crack up every time Crede pulls this particular face. I say, "Crede! Look at Mom!" He'll just stick his chin up in the air and look at me down his nose. This is what I got in this first set of photo's. Chance is holding Crede's Easter basket and showing him how to put eggs inside and keep running. (Silly Dad). The group photo is of Morgan, Grace and Crede with their cousins, Aspen, Tucker, Tatem and Hadlee before the Clinton City Easter Hunt began.




Now THESE photo's need a little 'splainin'. First off, the bottom pics are after the Easter Hunt...Grace eating candy already (and drooling it all down her face), Crede chasing down the Easter bunny to give him hugs (he took a liking to that guy), and our cute little kids in front of the Easter Bunny. (Morgan made sure to inform me that it wasn't the "real" Easter Bunny, because she saw his head inside that mask. Thanks bug....I was a little concerned.)

Have you ever eaten an "airhead"? Well Grace had one Saturday evening and it turned her tongue completely blue. I was cracking up. Oh, and to top it off, she still sucks her thumb, and it turned THAT blue as well. Nice. We made sure to brush their teeth extra well that night. The last few pictures are on Easter morning as the kids realized the Easter Bunny came. Hooray!! (The Easter bunny almost forgot to get the baskets out, but shhhhhhh.....you don't have to say a word.)


Here's my 3 little kids before leaving for Church. It was our Stake Conference and we had to leave extra early that morning. I'm tellin' ya....I am SOOOOOO not a morning person, and the last 2 days about killed me. Don't they look cute in their Easter best?
Grace, I need to formally apologize to you for a minute. See, you get all of Morgan's "hand-me-downs." That's not a bad thing, HOWEVER, you are not as small as Morgan was at your age, and so I put on all these "cute" clothes that I think will look wonderful on you, and they're just a TAD small. (including this year's Easter Dress). I'm sorry little Racie Roo. You're a cute little girl, and one day I'll figure out how to dress ya'.


Okay so after Stake Conference, we raced home, put the kids to bed for naps, (the song "These are a few of my Favorite things" comes to mind during this time of day) and started getting geared up for the Bailey family party at the "Grand-Bailey's" house. I had to make a salad and pack up for what seemed like an entire weekend in order to "be prepared" for any type of incident. Poopie pants? check. Not in time for the potty? check. Cold weather all of a sudden? check. Mosquito's? check. UVA and UVB rays? check. Dinner spilled all over the front of you? check. You get the picture, right?


Well here's all the pictures of the grand-kids at the Bailey's before they were unleashed for the big Easter Egg hunt. (There are 14 1/2 grand kids so far. WOW!) I was laughing at Grace and Crede...they feed off of each other and decided that Grace's basked would make a nice hat for Crede. He's looking at her and thinking, "How do I look?" Morgan is coloring her princess picture that she got during the hunt. (I forgot, she lost another tooth. That makes 2 now. Yay Morgan!)



Well as you can see, our Easter is quite the ordeal. I love it SO MUCH, but I am completely pooped afterwards. Oh, and to top it off, Crede's birthday was actually on Easter this year. I didn't dare attempt anything more than what we were already doing, so this is why we celebrated it a day later. So tonight I sit here looking at our HUGE tupperware bowl FULL of candy and thinking that it should last us at least until Halloween.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP