Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ahh...my little Crede. Happy Birthday!

Here's my very first train cake. I got this idea off of the Internet, and Crede absolutely adores trains, so - TA DA...here it is. Whenever we go over the train tracks in the car, if there is no train, Crede starts throwing a FIT, so we've had to start telling him the train is asleep...just a side note there.


Yep, here's a close-up of the "engine". How do ya' like the oreo headlight? The only thing I'd change...well I'm not going to say - it'll bug you too if I point it out (but if I DON'T point it out, you might think that I just didn't care.....oh never mind....just enjoy the cake ).


Grrrowwwer! That tiger cage sure is life-like. And the caboose? It only needs one axle to support itself. It's got amazing balancing ability.


After spending about the entire day frosting this dang thing, I had to run Morgan to her new gymnastics class, run home and try to shove dinner down my family's throats before the "partaaaay" started with the Bailey extended family. After eating our gourmet meal of Macaroni and Cheese (with a side of peaches or applesauce for that nutrition jazz) I had Crede sit next to his cake for a shot. Here's my cute little 2 year old looking at his CHOO CHOOOOOOO!


The family finally showed up, we finally lit the 2 little candles on the top, and we finally sang "Happy Birthday" to Crede. He was just a-grinnin' during our song, and he blew out the candles on the FIRST blow. No spit or ANYTHING. Yep, he's talented. So talented in fact, I should just stop there so that I don't sound like a biased parent. Morgan is in the background doing an "empathy blow" (you know....like when you're watching TV and you find yourself smiling....and you're a little embarrassed because you're by yourself, and you didn't realize that you were enjoying that commercial so much) , and Aspen (Crede and Morgan's cousin) is leaning in for the front-row view.


From this last picture, you can probably guess what one of his presents is. Yep, you might guess a ball, but you'd be wrong. He got some matchbox cars from his Grandma Angell. He was carting those around ALL day. His favorite place to play with them? In the windowsill. Morgan and Grace even snagged some to play "house" with. Grace's rendition consisted of a lot of yelling and phrases like, "NO! You go potty!" Morgan's was a little more laid back with phrases like, "let's go play over here away from those boys.." yadda yadda - you get the drift.

One little funny thing that Crede's doing right now is the fact that he ALWAYS has to have a ball. Let me specify....a bouncy ball. They fit perfectly into his little sweaty palm, and he seriously carries them EVERYWHERE. Sometimes he'll have 2 - one in each hand. Once I put him down for a nap with one, and when I went in to check on him, that ball was still in his clutches....sound asleep and all. Oh, how I love my little boy.

Okay, and I'll quick fill you in on what he got for his birthday. Matchbox cars, a big bouncy ball, a big dump truck, some way cute flip-flops and shorts, and a lawn-mower (which is nice because our old one lost a wheel last summer and I wasn't sure how that was going to work this year).

Crede, we love you SO much. I am so happy to have a son. You are MY little boy, and I love the fact that you are a "Momma's Boy". Dad, on the other hand, is glad that you are growing out of that stage. You are my only child with MY color of eyes, and you are the smartest 2 year old in the world. We love you! Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Mills Family

The cake looks awesome! You are so talented! Happy Birthday, Crede!

jennywren

Wow you have lots of spring birthdays! (I have that same issue with summertime). Love the train cake--you've seriously gotta teach me how to make all these different kinds of cakes, I am not in the same creative boat as you at all. :)

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP