Hangin' In There

Hangin' In There

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baptism Day

It finally came. All those years waiting for the big e.i.g.h.t. and then all those DAYS waiting for the big b.a.p.t.i.s.m.

It ended up being a VERY nice day. We had a LOT of family and friends there to support us, and Morgan really did a great job. She got a little nervous (which is SO understandable) but I think she was able to have a lot of fun.

Chance was able to baptize and confirm Morgan. She had 2 amazing talks (given by Sister Rudd and Sister John) and even sang a special musical number ~ "I am a Child of God" ~ with all the other kids turning 8 this year. My Mom bought her a cute corsage to wear around her wrist, and we got to go lunch afterward. (I heart Robintino's).

The only thing I would have to change would be a small embarrassing moment for myself. See, I have an old photograph of myself on my baptism day ~ standing in the water with my big brother (who baptized me). So in my head I thought, "Yeah, I'll take one of those photo's for Morgan to have." As I plowed through the 45 kids in the front to get a good "angle" on my shot, Chance glanced up at me and said, "Uh, I don't think you're supposed to take a picture of this." I glanced over at our Bishop who said, "Oh, yeah...sorry...I didn't notice you were wanting a photo. We're not supposed to take pictures." Did I feel a little dumb? Oh, sure. At least I didn't trip and fall on my face on my way back to my chair ~ right? **sigh**

But on a better note...Morgan, you did a great job, and I am so happy that you made this choice to be baptized! Your Dad and I love you.


Morgan and Chance hangin' out before everyone started showing up...



The serious one...

Aaaand of course we had to throw in a silly faced one. (Thanks Chance)

Morgan and Sister Rudd (who spoke on Baptism ~ she made Morgan a white embroidered towel...so. CUTE.)

Morgan and Sister John (who spoke on the Holy Ghost ~ her talk was amazing.)

The fam eating at Robintino's. Here you have my Mom, Brother-In-Law Kelly, Aunt Janet, Aunt Joyce, my Dad, Crede and Chance. Oh wait ~ I'm there too in the window at the end there. Hi!

Okay here's my Mom again, Kelly, my nephew's Preston and Carter, my sister Annette, Brother Bob and my Nephew Kendall.

Crew (Chance's Brother) and Grace

Chance's Dad and Mom, Morgan and my niece, Lexi.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP